NYU College of Nursing Office of Academic Advising and Learning Development
Academic advising is an ongoing process of communication and information exchanges between the advisor and student designed to contribute to the student's development, and achievement of personal and educational goals.
The NYU College of Nursing Office of Academic Advising and Learning Development serves all enrolled nursing students. Academic advisors are experts at explaining how things work at the university, policies and procedures related to registration, and how to be academically successful. They can be trusted to provide information with accuracy, in confidence, and in a timely manner.
The Office of Academic Advising and Learning Development is a vital connection between the student and university resources. Assistance with the following is provided:
- A personal connection to important campus resources
- An understanding of course requirements for the student’s program of study
- Assistance with course selection and registration
- Knowledge of New York University and NYU College of Nursing registration policies
- Evaluation of progression towards degree completion
- Connection to tutoring services
- Non-academic support services through advising meetings
In addition, the Office of Academic Advising and Learning Development offers academic programming including:
- Academic Peer Advising Program to connect new nursing students to seasoned students through providing peer advising
- Workshops to improve academic success such as study skills, time management, and effective group work skills
- Career assistance through reviewing resumes, cover letters, and interviewing strategies
By getting to know the student as an individual, the academic advisor is able to take into account the student's skills, abilities, and interests. In this important role, the advisor encourages students to assume responsibility for their own education by helping them develop their educational, career, and personal goals.
The Office of Academic Advising and Learning Development looks forward to working with students throughout their academic progression at NYU College of Nursing!
Be sure to visit our Advising Blog - just click the blog icon!
Meet the Academic Advising Administrative Team